Saturday, November 15, 2008

November Evening

A photo from the previous post.......cropped and tweaked:
*

*
*
After chores, I happily came back into the house, all ready to sit down and relax for the evening........then the phone rang. It was my college daughter, informing me she was at a McDonald's near the campus and had accidently locked BOTH sets of car keys in her car. There is a third set here at home.......sigh. On went my shoes and coat, and down the road I went on an evening drive to Cedar Falls, about 25 miles away. Husband was just walking in from the barn when the phone call came; I asked him to go along, but he just rolled his eyes and wearily shook his head....."NO".

*
Well, it was chance to see my daughter, at least, and meet two of her college friends. We chatted for awhile there at McDonald's. My daughter's mood was bright; she interviewed today for a position overseas for next summer and was accepted, and is very excited. (Maybe that contributed to her locking the keys in!)

*
On the wall above our table there at McDonald's was a plaque with several quotes on it. One was:
The only real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. ---- Marcel Proust
*
Should I have pointed that quote out to my new-landscape-bound daughter?! And, suggested that those "new eyes" also be used for noticing the whereabouts of car keys before shutting the car's door?!
*
*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bless you, for bringing the keys, and probably without complaint. I find it is almost always the mother/wife who is called upon to do these sorts of things. Like we are on call for "emergencies". But, it is also nice to spend a little time with them like you did at McDonalds. Maybe it was good that you did not mention that quote to her at this time. I always hope that they learn from their mistakes without being harped at. Dairymary

Country Girl said...

Jeannelle, I love what you did with this picture!