Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Sunny Positions

Shucks.........you caught me.........goofing around with photos when I should be kneading roll dough and baking other goodies for the upcoming Thanksgiving weekend.
*
Yesterday, my daughter and I were stopped at a red light on East Fifth Street in downtown Waterloo. The flags in front of City Hall were taking a flapping and glowing position there in the noonday sun, framed against the windows of the Black Hawk County Courthouse in the background.
*
And, this morning, Furby positioned himself comfortably on the leaves, surrounded by the clashing shadows of a November morning.

How do you prefer the scene to be served? In black & white.......or color?

*

Please whisper a prayer for a boy named Jacob, my son's friend and cousin.......the one who collapsed at wrestling practice on Saturday and was rushed to Iowa City for emergency surgery for bleeding in his brain. I've been reading his Caring Bridge updates regularly. Jake is still in ICU because his blood pressure is very high and they're trying to figure out what is causing that. His mom wrote that the bleeding situation was caused by a blood clot, so they need to get to the bottom of what caused it. Jake is a fighter.......you should have seen him play football this fall. He's short, but tough, and always the first one to the scene of the action, often tackling guys much bigger than himself. In his Caring Bridge guestbook are many well wishes from this year's opposing coaches......they all respected Jake's tenacious style of play.

*


2 comments:

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I like the B&W photo better. Very dramatic.

Saying a prayer for Jacob.

DesertHen said...

Love the photos....the black and white is my favorite...=)

I will keep Jacob on my thoughts and Prayers.