Monday, January 26, 2009

Legs in the Sunset

*
Welcome! This was supposed to be next Friday's SkyWatch post, but I'm sitting here using my daughter's laptop and can't upload any photos, so decided to click "publish" on this post which already contained photos. No, the laptop is not quite mine, yet........probably in another week it will be.
*
Upon exiting a high school gym one evening last week, I was treated to this colorful sunset scene:

While my eyes beheld this beautiful sight, my ears were hearing the sound of someone telling me rather unsettling news. I keep telling myself, "Take a deep breath......relax......the situation could be much worse."

There are no guarantees in life......guarantees that the best will happen........and, likewise, no guarantees that the worst will occur, either. So, what's the point of worrying......right? (I'm writing this mostly to remind myself of that.) Simply live each day.......and pray along the way. Easier said than done, sometimes.......especially when loved ones are involved.
*
The second photo shows large grain bins topped by geometric-looking "legs"......long pipes which contain augers that move corn or soybeans up and down to various storage areas. Click to enlarge the photo.......way at the top of the tallest grain leg is the outline of a star shape which was lighted during the Christmas season.

*
Sorry I've been making myself scarce with blogging and reading blogs. Oh, and did I just say that there are no guarantees in life.......of course there are! DEATH & TAXES!! Tax preparations will take up much of my time this coming week. If you're self-employed like us farmers, you know that your taxes are due March 1......so, GET BUSY!!

*

9 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

beautiful photos... do what you have to we will be right here waiting on your return :)

Gail said...

Beautiful photos. The dread of things is sometimes the worst part.

Gigi Ann said...

The photos are beautiful. Some of my favorite pictures are sunsets and sunrises. I never tire of looking at them...

Kat Mortensen said...

When I saw your thumbnail in the sidebar of my blog, I thought I could detect a long line of legs (a la the Rockettes) in the clouds in the first picture. So the "legs" are in the second one. Hmm.

I hope the "unsettling" news isn't too severe and that it can be coped with. Keep praying! (Oh, and good luck with the taxes.)

Kat

DesertHen said...

What stunning photos! The colors are amazing!! Great capture.

One day at a time.....I hope the news was not to bad.

((((HUGS)))

Country Girl said...

I would like to stop worrying but it's easier said than done, isn't it?
Very calming and serene photos here, Jeannelle. Good ones.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Laura, Gail, Gramma Ann....Thanks for the kind thoughts!

Poetikat....COOL; I didn't even think about the clouds possibly resembling legs.

Deserthen, Country Girl.....Thanks for your kind concern, too.

To everyone: As stated in the post.....things could be MUCH worse. And, I could have gone ballistic over the news that was told to me, but what good would that have done. Hopefully, it will turn out to be for the best for the person involved....I have to look at it that way. And, yes, PRAY.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Beautiful photos. I hope all works out for the situation you mention.

Nancy said...

What beautiful sunset pictures. I hope you're enjoying the laptop and get everything working soon. My computer quit reading my camera card in the right slot, so I've got to jump through hoops to post pics also. Good luck with the taxes, we've got to get going on ours too, yuk! It's hard not to worry, I hope all will turn out okay. I'm the worst worrier, so my advice would not be as good as your own, which is great.