Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Farmyard Matrix

Welcome to the farmyard matrix. I wasn't sure what matrix meant and had to look it up in the dictionary........"something that gives origin or form to something enclosed within it". Right, ok......whatever that means. Perhaps the farm gives origin to the livestock residing in it. Let's see what's going on in that matrix on this sunny late winter day:
*
An attempt at integration of black & white chickens with black & white calves. Lola says, "SCRAM, you foul fowl creature!"

*

"I fleetly flee, I fly.....yes, I really do......or, at least I try."


*
Not sure what's going on here.......a fraternization of varying forms in the matrix:

*
And, looky here......bright yellow spring flowers! Oh, wait.....let me put my glasses back on. Shucks, they're just a bunch of electric fence insulator attachments on rusty, old fence posts.
*
Oh, well.......you can't win 'em all. May you be caught in a matrix of cheerfulness today!
*

9 comments:

Egghead said...

Jeannelle you make me laugh. I am loving that picture of the hen trying to fly. Don't know why it amuses me but it does. Happy day to you.

Gail said...

Great post...we are all looking for spring flowers!

Odd Chick said...

You are clever, clever, clever my dear!! You can take the images I see everyday (i live on a farm) and make them into a wonderful photo and story and always make me smile - the marvelous is really in the simple!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Egghead,

Yeah, the flopping chicken was trying to run away from me. They don't like cameras, I guess.

********

Hi, Gail,

Isn't that the truth! Spring flowers....bring 'em on. Or ANY sign of spring. Robins would be nice, too.

*********

Hi, Odd Chick,

Thanks for your kind comment. And, I know you are clever yourself and so very gifted with your artwork. Thank you for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

Yes, spring flowers would be nice, even if they aren't real. We're right into a snowstorm today, after such a sunny February that we were thinking that winter was over! Good thing we did not put the long johns away. Dairymary

Nancy said...

I'm still jealous of those chickens. I love that picture of Lola too.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Dairymary,

Oh, no....I hope your return to winter is short-lived. Its coming here, too, says our weather forecast for later today. :(

********

Hi, Nancy,

If we could catch that chicken, you could have it. Lola wouldn't mind a bit.

Kat Mortensen said...

Lola is a beauty! I really like calves - hate to see when they're separated from their moms.

Love your "flowers" too - good eye. Very funny.

Kat

DesertHen said...

Great shots of your chickens and cows...=) The cows really should learn to be more excepting of the chickens....he, he.