Thursday, February 19, 2009

New Grand-dog

*
Looky here, one and all. I just collapsed in front of the computer to check email after an exciting sectional basketball game. (We won!) This photo of my new grand-dog was in the inbox:
He's a bit on the adorable-looking side, I must admit. "Bodie" is his name. He's six weeks old, a beagle/spaniel mix; my son and daughter-in-law adopted him this week from the Humane Society.
*
Oh, I am exhausted. The seating was cramped and crowded in the gym where the game was held; the loudspeaker kept urging us spectators to scootch closer together to accomodate more fans in the bleachers, which were on only one side of the gym. To my right was the opposing team's fans who stood most of the time, and to my left was our student section, who also stood for most of the game......making it difficult for us sensible seated people in the middle to see the game. Oh, well......I tried to absorb enthusiasm from both sides. Husband couldn't go because he had to stay home and milk the cows. Not wishing to attend the game solo, I drove many miles out of the way to pick up my mom and daughter for companionship. The camaraderie (sp?) was pleasant and we ate at Arby's afterwards.
*
Now, don't go thinking that I'm cold-heartedly deserting my husband, leaving him all alone with the cows and chores. Believe me, he can handle it. Plus, he urged me to go, as this was a sectional game and one of us parents really should attend to watch our son play. Unfortunately, these tournament-trail games are held at 7 p.m., which is too early for Husband to get to. The games throughout the regular season started at 8 p.m., a more accomodating time for dairy people. Of course, accomodating dairy people is not on anyone's mind, because there are so few dairy people around in the first place. And, I realize there are other folks who work second shift and can rarely make it to evening events, either, so we are not alone in our predicament. Not that any of it matters in the least little bit, but it may explain why my social life is negligible and why I enjoy yacking on the blog. Yack, yack.
*

4 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

congratulations on the win!
That pup is adorable!!!!!!
and a big thank you to the dairy farmer... I dont do milk except to cook with... but cheese oh my I could not live without it!

Gail said...

Another win!!

Kat Mortensen said...

I wish I could use that excuse: "My husband couldn't come because he had stay home to milk the cows"! I think I'll just say it next time for fun (and think of you, of course).

Gorgeous pup! I love the name too - do you know how they chose it? It sounds familiar.

Congrats on the b-ball win.

Kat

DesertHen said...

Congrats on the win!! HOORAY!!

What a sweet, sweet photo of your new Grand-puppy!! I melted on the spot when I saw it!!

Happy weekend to you...=)

(((HUGS)))