Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Windows Live Writer

(Actually, before doing yesterday morning's "first" post in Live Writer, I had done this experimental one.)

******

I recently downloaded Windows Live Writer. You can create blogposts in it, so I am attempting one here. The Live Writer retrieves photos from your computer. It contains effects you can foist upon your photos…..such as:

A reflection:

360

*

Polaroid-type photo framing:

360

360

Photo distortion……stretching, squeezing…….any way you like. Plus, there are ways to alter the “temperature” of your photo……the above photo was made “cooler” (and, given rounded corners). Below, we have a “warmer” version, complete with a bit of shadowing:

360

There are kinks to work out, but Live Writer might be fun to use once in a while.

Link to the Live Writer download site.

*

9 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

This surely looks interesting. I plan to look into it when I'm procrastinating later today.

Loved your Tincup story. That's magazine worthy, Miss J! And what was I doing then? Had just graduated from high school was, no doubt, working as a legal secretary even though I really couldn't type! Yes, I did eventually lose that job:)

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Caution,

Another lucky younger-than-me person.....

Thanks for your kind comment. I should do a google search to see if Tincup has a magazine....."The Tincup Times", perhaps.....circulation of 20. Sorry, I'm not making fun of your comment....really, truly, I'm not.

Deb said...

I love this program!!!!

Country Girl said...

I am such a dork that I didn't know it had that reflection one. Or some of the other ones. Gah!

Country Girl said...

Ok. I am not finding any of these options in my version of WLW. Are they in the borders selections? Because all I have there are drop shadow, none and Photopaper.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Deb,

You must be a user of Live Writer, already. Good for you.

********

Hi, Country Girl,

Yes, all these border effects are under "Borders" in the sidebar of Live Writer. Maybe you just need to update to the latest version of Live Writer. They must have added more features.

Patty said...

I just loaded live writer yesterday and haven't "played" with all the features yet. I will check out the photo stuff. Thanks for the tip

Egghead said...

Well I would use it if I wasn't on a "gasp" Mac. But I love my mac so I guess I will suffer.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Patty,

Yes, have fun with the Live Writer. Thanks for stopping in!

******

Hi, Egghead,

I don't gasp at Macs. I used one occasionally a few years ago while subbing for the secretary at school. People who have Macs love them.