Friday, March 20, 2009

Barn Karaoke

Spring break on the dairy farm.......college students are forced to shed their city/dorm image. In a desperate attempt to find something entertaining to do, they may give in to the temptation to sing along with the barn radio. In this first video the dairy maid croons exuberantly along with the amazing Whitney Houston on "I Wanna Dance With Somebody":

We're not sure who this child belongs to. She looks and acts NOTHING like Husband or me. A mix-up in the hospital nursery is most likely to blame; I should have opted for a home birth. Poor kid......she's had to put up with the likes of us all these years.

*

About all you'll hear in this second video is the milker pump and washer running......sorry. Her head movements crack me up, though. A quick Google search says that this song is "See You Again", sung by Miley Cyrus AKA Hannah Montana, daughter of Billy Ray Cyrus, the "Achy-Breaky Heart" guy. Land sakes......her family didn't know her identity, either.

14 comments:

Leenie said...

Sing like there's nobody watching! My brother and I would make "trumpets" out of the two-inch diameter hoses that were part of the milker set-up. Yeah, and I sang too. Good thing there were no video cameras then.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Leenie,

Haha....my daughter cheered when she saw your comment about doing similar antics in the milkhouse when you were young. (Not to say you aren't still young, of course.)

Sempringham said...

She's a beautiful young lady, Jeannelle, with the demure demeanor we have come to expect from Iowa farm girls. ;-) You're both lucky.

Gail said...

Bloom where you are planted!

Kat Mortensen said...

Search "Miley Cyrus" on my blog, Jeannelle and see what you get!

Kat

Kat Mortensen said...

Right. So you claim she doesn't look like either of you, BUT she's got her mom's quirky sense of humour!

Kat

Jeannelle said...

Oh, Sempringham....you're just too kind. Yes, we Iowa farm girls are nothing if not demure. That's a lovely word which I have not heard in ages.

********

Hi, Gail,

That fits just right! Yes, "bloom where planted" or "brighten the corner where you are". We used to sing that in Sunday School.

*******

Hi, Poetikat,

Really? You've done a post about Miley Cyrus? I'll check it out...thanks for mentioning!

Jeannelle said...

Hi again, Poetikat,

Truly, I struggle to see either of us in her, but surely, yes, she is demure like me and has better humour/humor, actually.

Gigi Ann said...

I watched the videos before reading your post, and I thought the head and neck movements were great. How did she do that. LOL She is a great entertainer....

Laura ~Peach~ said...

she and my martha could put on one heck of a show LOL what a lovely young woman!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Gramma Ann,

It makes my neck hurt just watching her do those head antics!

********

Hi, Laura,

Yes, actually I thought of Martha when I was putting the post together!

Kat Mortensen said...

Did I ever tell you how much I LOVE that photo of you with the lamb? I really do!

Did you read "Snapped"? I was just curious about your reaction.

Kat

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Di the Blue Ridge Gal,

Hey, nice to hear from a former Iowan, and from CF! Neat! I just randomly chose a few SkyWatch sites to visit so that's how I landed at the Roanoke one.

I will check out your blogs soon. Are you serious....you have a blog named "nickle cherry coke"! Very cool!!

********

Hi, Poetikat,

That lamb was an orphan I raised on a bottle so she was my pet. Her name was "Annie" (for Little Orphan Annie) and she lived to be very old.

I did read "Snapped" and it was eye-opening as I did not know many details about Miley Cyrus before that. I simply knew that she was Billy Ray's daughter and had played Hannah Montana.

Anonymous said...

I love the videos of your daughter ... brings back good memories!