Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Kitties’ Eyes Now Open

kitties in hand

On Saturday, Miss Kitty’s 2-week-old babies opened their eyes for the first time. Now they look up and hiss at anyone who dares to peer into their box!

baby kitty 2 Of course, when Mama’s there, the kitties busy themselves with nursing:

miss kitty & babies *

Funny story……last week my brother-in-law had a birthday.  My sister had informed me that they had two mother cats who were due to give birth soon, so I picked out a birthday card with kitties on it to send to my brother-in-law.  Like many guys I know, he claims to hate cats.  Pictured on the front of the birthday card were 7 kitties around a big tub of milk and the caption was “KEGGER!”.

On the day after his birthday, my sister sent me a message on Facebook:  “The birthday card was perfect!  How did you know??”  One of the mother cats had given birth to SEVEN kitties right on her husband’s birthday!  That’s just really special and I’m SO very happy for my brother-in-law.  (He thrilled, too, of course.)

*

Bessie is attending a support group meeting today and I will tell you about that in an upcoming post.

*

Have a wonderful day!

*

9 comments:

Deb said...

Oh, my! Aren't they adorable! I want one or two or all of them!

Gigi Ann said...

Well aren't they just the cutest things you ever saw? I love the smell of baby kitties. For some reason they just smell so good to me.

Nancy said...

Such cute kitties, they must be a boy and a girl. Names? I'm sure Miss Kitty is glad she doesn't have 7!

Flea said...

They are SO CUTE. I'd want one if it weren't for my dogs. And the current evil cat in residence.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Love, love, love those babies! I'll take both of them! Oh, wait... how far is it from my place to yours? Drat!!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Deb, Gramma Ann, Nancy, Flea, Pat,

Thanks for swinging by to see the kitties! Sorry to disappoint you, but these two munchkins are already spoken for. A good friend of my daughter's asked me awhile back if she could have one or two kitties from Miss Kitty's next batch. I said "Yes", never dreaming Miss Kitty would have ONLY two kitties. But, that's OK....we have enough cats around as it is.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

adorable kitties... i am about ready to trade the fickle hank in on a nice lovie kitty...
hummm I am so wondering what bessie is in group for LOL... I know she was traumatized here LOL.
you recall the tipping incident??

Caution/Lisa said...

I will never understand how some people absolutely hate cats. I am rather fond of them.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

Hmm, I thought I commented on this. Guess I just thought about it.

I love these photos. We always had kitties when I was a kid. I'm way allergic now, so we have a dog, but I have many happy memories of playing with kittens.