Thursday, April 23, 2009

SkyWatch #41

swf2 Welcome! These photos were taken Wednesday evening at my home in northeast Iowa, USA.

22nd041 I didn’t think I would have any scenes for SkyWatch this week, but this lovely sunset showed up as if right on cue!

skyw

As they say……if you see a gorgeous sunset, be sure to turn around and view the eastern sky, too:

skywatch

*

And, here’s a scene from the farm on Thursday……my husband digging up rocks in the field, under a lovely blue sky:

23rd023 (2)

Thank you for stopping by! Visit Skyley.com to find ALL the SkyWatch links for this week.

*

15 comments:

Guy D said...

Excellent skywatch shots, the first one is definately my favourite.

Have a great weekend.
Guy
Regina In Pictures

James said...

They are all beautiful I like the middle two best.

Alicia @ boylerpf said...

I love the wide open spaces of the plains not to mention the beauty of a sunset over them. You captured them beautifully!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Indeedy you did catch a lovely sunset! Our sky here was beautiful on Wednesday evening, also.

SandyCarlson said...

Iowa has plenty of beauty on offer!

Photo Cache said...

I echo Sandy Carlson's comment. Your photos are pretty.

Egghead said...

Beautiful sky shots. I love that middle one.

Carol said...

Beautiful shots...I love the sunset... and the eastern sky is just as pretty...

Laura ~Peach~ said...

BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!!!!!!

B SQUARED said...

There is so much sky in your neck of the woods. It just seems to be more of it.

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I love sunset pictures. Thak you so much for posting these.

Jane Hards Photography said...

These are simply stunning with the array of colours.

Jeannelle said...

Hello, Guy, James, Alicia, Pat, Sandy, Photo Cache, Egghead, Carol, Laura, B Squared, Ruth, Babooshka,

Thank you all for stopping by! The bare tree branches will soon be gone.....I will miss them....they make great silhouettes for photos!

Unknown said...

I agree about the bare trees. I'm happy to have discovered your blog; I love the title! From a neighbor to the north, in southern Minnesota...

Arija said...

Where there is a need, the universe often provides as in your case, and provides really well.