Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Buster, Bale Dog

15th129

I am Buster......hear me pant......with breath too stinky to ignore......remember that Helen Reddy song? Me, neither. However, I just gotta show you this here big round bale I'm sitting on. I'm so darn proud and happy and excited and enthusiastic! (I'm ALWAYS that way, though.) Can't say that I did anything to help in the making of this bale, but who cares about that??!!

*

Ok, you've seen the big round bale. Now follow me and I will show you something else.......

15th134

Oh, yeah, right......Betsy thinks she needs to be in this post, too. Obviously, she couldn't keep her head still for a decent photo, though. Sheesh. No way that could be the photographer's fault.....no way.

15th137

You can't see me---Buster, that is---but, I'm still with you and I want to show you how the humans unload the hay baskets......

16th012

Yup, that's "HAY BASKET", spelled just like it sounds.......

16th014

Now, for an in-depth view of how the bales travel up to the haymow above the milking barn, please tune-in to this video. I, Buster, your guide, am signing off now. There are cats to chase, fleas to bite, and naps to take. Have a great day!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

As kids growing up in Iowa we used to love to play in the hay mow at the top of the barn. Hiding between the bales was such a riot... probably a bit dangerous, but back then no one considered the dangers There was a pulley system up there too and long ropes to swing from. Aaaah, to live those times again.

Great video!
Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Mary Humphrey said...

Smart boy, Buster! He knows the "hot spots!" I love the smell of hay, especially fresh hay.

Laura ~Peach~ said...

great job buster! and that is WORK :)

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Blue Ridge Gal,

Ah, yes, the memories of playing in a haymow!! Such fun in a rather mysterious place. We built hay bale forts and played hide & seek.....just as you did.

********

Hi, Mary,

Yes, fresh hay has a wonderful smell to it. This hay we put up was a little bit damp and didn't smell quite so good. Thank you for stopping by. Your goats probably eat hay, too....

*******

Hi, Laura,

I will pass your message on to Buster. He'll be pleased as punch to know he got some comments!

Pat - Arkansas said...

WOW... a conveyor belt to take the hay up! When *I* was a kid, after walking to school five miles through the snow, uphill in both directions, we had to haul each separate bale up to the loft with a pully, and myself (at the time) weighing just more than a bale of hay, that was a (not) fun thing.

Pat - Arkansas said...

pulley... pulley!