Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Confessions of a Madwoman

Ok, there's no photo in this post......deal with it. I happened to glance at my Blogger Dashboard today and then my eyes were drawn to a June calendar hanging on the wall. Gears clicked in my mind. If I blog like a madwoman for the next few days---publishing multiple posts each day---I can reach a blogging milestone by Saturday, which happens to be a significant day in my life. Actually, its a day I'd rather forget about at my age, but, hey, the blogging milestone challenge is just too tempting, so I'm gonna do it, yeah, I'm gonna do it. Its nothing of any profound importance, but is just something I feel like doing. The explanation will be in Saturday's post.
*
This morning, about an hour before lunchtime, I suddenly had the urge to surf to The Pioneer Woman website. (Blame it on low blood sugar, possibly.) Her
Confessions of a Pioneer Woman blogpost of today, with its photo of her husband in blood-stained clothing, gave me a good chuckle, mostly because I had seen my own husband emerge from the barn with a blood-soaked shirt a few days ago, too. He had just "pulled a calf"---which means he helped a baby calf be delivered from its mother's womb. Sometimes calves are large and the mother cows have difficulty pushing the calf out.
*
What gave me the biggest chuckle was the fact that when I saw my husband in his blood-stained clothing, I briefly entertained the notion to take his photo and post it here on the blog. But then, what I assumed was good sense quickly returned and persuaded me that no one would appreciate seeing a photo of my husband's blood-stained clothing. Readers of my blog would gag and turn away in disgust.....so I presumed. Hmm. I evidently have poor blogging instincts for Pioneer Woman's audience ate her bloody photos right up! Over 300 comments poured in, many from women admiring Marlboro Man's blood-splattered---and, muscular---forearms.
*
Pioneer Woman has a great thing going. She writes brilliantly and takes excellent photos and edits them to a T. She also cooks up a storm and provides recipes for her readers, and I think she homeschools, too. Sounds like a super-woman to me. IF I wasn't actually involved in farming, I might be inclined to spend more time at the Pioneer Woman's site. As it is, I seriously have no interest in calf nuts and don't wish to blog about such things and will NEVER knowingly eat Rocky Mountain Oysters. If that's a disappointment to anyone.....too bad.
*

3 comments:

Leenie said...

LOL and Happy Birtday now in case I get distracted or forget or ...what was I saying? Oh, yeah. LOL.

alphabet soup said...

Ah well, Leenie's given me a clue. My only guess would be that it is going to be your birthday. But how that matches a particular blogging milestone is beyond me. I had a 'laugh out loud' at your post Janelle when I read the 'Pioneer Woman's audience ate her bloody photos right up!' It's a kind of cultural Australian thing which is far too complicated to fit into a comment box.
I will be waiting to see what Saturdays post is all about...
Ms Soup

Mary Humphrey said...

Happy Birthday!!!!! Early...and waiting to hear more on Saturday. Yep...will be holding you to it!