Monday, September 28, 2009

Branch of Autumn

26th038 (2)

Here they are! Drum roll, please! Meet the first autumn-toned leaves on our farmstead. They adorn one lower limb of an old maple tree. I have no clue why the leaves on that branch have changed color ahead of the rest of the tree……it seems rather random, but who can fathom the ways of nature, right? Right.

26th041

Ok, I will now wait patiently for more fall colors to appear. Maybe it will be necessary to dig into last year’s photo files to find seasonal scenes to post; last fall was very colorful. I do recall now that “rhymsie” chided me last year for posting so many autumn photos, so I’ll have to be careful.

26th042

Today has brought a rather dramatic change in the weather, leading us from the warmth of the previous weeks to a sudden blast of blustery coolness. That’s to be expected, of course, considering that we’re in the last days of September. “Wake me up when September ends”…..isn’t that a song? I enjoy the month of September, and feel a minor sadness now as it concludes for another year. But, not to fret…..looming on the horizon is October, usually a very beautiful time, too.

*

8 comments:

Country Girl said...

I love fall photos, and your leaves are so red already!
Why would anyone want to be woken up when September is over? It's a beautiful month, isn't it?

Gail said...

Beautiful...then comes snow and I am not ready!

Caution/Lisa said...

I dread October because of the pressure of Halloween costumes! We rarely see homemade costumes around here, but I forced my kids make their own last year. Costumes turned out great, BUT we spent more $$ than we would have if we had simply bought them. See the craziness? I spend the entire month dreading the very last day!

Anonymous said...

Amazing how beautiful one simple branch can be.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Leenie said...

Such happy colorful photos! Thanks for taking the time to capture and share. Our weather has been uncommonly warm. But the forcast is for cold and wind. If I was in charge we would have two Septembers and no November. I'd move Thanksgiving to one of them. It comes too late as it is. :D Blessings!

Anita said...

Love the photos! I haven't been through much of your blog yet, but what I've seen has been so visually satisfying!

Blessings.

DesertHen said...

What beautiful fall color!

The winds of fall are really blowing here today...blowing in the first storm of the season! We have hay on the ground too....darn!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Beautiful colors in your maple tree, Ms. J.

Autumn has finally arrived here, too, not so much with change of colors but with much cooler temperatures. It was beautifully sunny today, and I got a chance to work in the yard for a while.

Keep those autumn photos coming, rhymsie or no rhymsie. He'll get over it, and we'll enjoy every one you post!