Thursday, January 13, 2011

Checkered Quilt

This bedraggled excuse for a quilt is hanging on the wall of what could be considered a bedraggled excuse for a room---our storeroom---a lonely outpost occupying the northwest corner of the upstairs. The unmerciful northwesterly gales of winter bombard this room straight on, making it one drafty and chilly place. What possessed me to hang this quilt in there?…..a wall covered with unsightly nail holes and leftover adhesive which once held posters and such.

quilt 004The fact is, this quilt almost suffered a much worse fate than being hanged for when I first spied this checkered specimen it was lying on a trash heap which my father-in-law was preparing to set fire to. That is the honest truth. He was doing some housecleaning and evidently didn’t give a hoot about this quilt. I can’t blame him much, really, for the thing is extremely heavy (made of corduroy) and in rather raggedy condition.

I’m guessing the pattern is some kind of Nine-Patch…..is that right?

By the way, here are more ways you can fiddle around with photos on LiveWriter: Give your picture a vertical squeeze……

quilt 004 ……or a horizontal one:

quilt 004

7 comments:

Gail said...

A beautiful quilt and a wonderful treasure. Yes, it is a nine patch and now is serving a duel purpose, being beautiful and blocking drafts.

I am glad you saved it. Do you know who sewed it?

Jeannelle said...

Not sure, but I'm assuming it was one of my husband's relatives.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Thank goodness you rescued it!

DesertHen said...

Very colorful!Glad you rescued it! I like the "squeeze" photos too. =)

What is LiveWriter? I think I'm missing out on something fun! =)

Jeannelle said...

Live Writer is a Windows platform for publishing text and photos. If you search Live Writer on the internet it should lead you to the LW website from which you can download it for free. That's what I did anyway and it worked.

DesertHen said...

Thank you for the info on LiveWriter. I will have to check it out this weekend. =)

Rose said...

I love the colors used! It was a good rescue...