Saturday, January 8, 2011

On the 13th Day of Christmas

shingles 003

If the 12th Day of Christmas is Epiphany then yesterday was the 13th Day of Christmas.  What could possibly follow the gift of twelve drummers drumming?  Well, it ain’t thirteen snow-covered rooftops, so don’t be misled by the photos in this post.

shingles 007 The gift I received was another downfall (recall my tumble down the stairs on Christmas Day) and this time it occurred outdoors complements of our ice-glazed driveway.  Never mind the fact that I was out there skittering around on the ice attempting to accomplish something as nonessential as photographing the fascinating snowy rooftops of various farm buildings.  A humbling crash landing was called for, apparently.  Down we went, camera and I, with said camera somehow surviving unscathed.

shingles 004 Fortunately this time I managed to fall forwards in order to sensibly balance out the Christmas Day mishap which insulted my backside.  Now I can boast a deltoid and triceps which protest heartily when partaking in such essential activities as scrubbing a pan or pressing a soap dispenser or maneuvering a heavy anatomy textbook from the bookshelf. 

Beware of the 13th Day of Christmas!

4 comments:

Trish said...

very cool

DesertHen said...

Jeanelle I do hope you are okay? Your photos are great, but be safe out there on that slick, unforgiving ground!

(((Hugs)))to you! (and I won't squeeze to hard cause I don't want to hurt your arm anymore that it already is!)

Tiggeriffic said...

Falling is so hard on the body.. You need to invest in a pair of Yak Traks , I have a pair and boy are they a lifesaver. You strap them onto your shoes/boots and they have these springy springs that are under your shoes/boots and they keep you from slipping on the ice/snow.. They have kept me from falling many many times.
ta ta for now from Iowa
annieptigger@aol.com

Pat - Arkansas said...

Yow! Sorry you took a tumble! Hope your muscles will soon be less painful. The snowy roofs are wonderful, and made very interesting photographic studies. Take care. XO