Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Quilted Wall Hanging

Falling down on the ice a few days ago taught me a lesson and I'm now taking blog photos within the relative safety of my house. Very relative that is, considering that my first downfall occurred inside the house. You should see how carefully I negotiate that stairway nowadays.
Usually this quilted wall-hanging gets stashed away with the Christmas decorations once the holiday season fades away, but this year its getting a reprieve. Sure wish I could say I sewed it myself, but alas, learning to quilt never happened to me. Taking the low road, I'll lay the blame on my non-quilting mother and grandmothers. Indeed I can boast enjoyment in gazing at lovely quilts, however, and ownership of a cedar chest stuffed with old quilts inherited through the years. (My great-grandmother was a quilter and so were some of my husband's relatives.) Maybe I'll dig around in there and pull out a few of those quilts to photograph, too.

4 comments:

DesertHen said...

I have always wanted to learn to quilt, but I don't even have the patience to sew a button on something, so I doubt quilting is in my future.

My husband's grandmother gave us his great-grandmothers cedar chest and at the bottom were two quilts. They are beautiful, but I have always been afraid to take them out to display them because I didn't want anything to happen to them. But then again it is probably just as silly a notion to keep them locked away where nobody can see and enjoy them.

I hope you take some photos of your quilts, it would be fun to see them. =)

Pat - Arkansas said...

That is lovely! Please do post photos of more of your quilts. ~ XO

wall art said...

Nothing can finish a room's decor like the effective use of wall hangings.Some of the most common mistakes are wall art hung too high and dimensions of the art are out of proportion with the size of the wall.

Plumbing said...

Quilting is a craft I've never had the gift for, but have always admired those who do. My grandma made beautiful quilts when we were little kids.