Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Hand Warmer

fireplace

Here’s the fireplace over which I just warmed my chilly hands after coming in from doing evening calf chores.  Its a fake fire, instantly ignited by one press of a button, the dancing “flame” produced by mirrors, light bulbs, and spinning foil strips.  Temperatures outdoors have taken a dive once again, hovering in the single digits above zero.  Thankfully, there is no wind.  A welcome warm-up into the 30’s is forecast for later this week.  

5 comments:

Gail said...

Looks very real and warm.

Trisha said...

Looks nice an warm to me!

Pat - Arkansas said...

Very pretty for a 'fake' fire. Stay warm!

Flea said...

Oh man. It's blowing here! And the fire in my fireplace is very real, thanks to my Hunny. Stay warm!

DesertHen said...

Well it looks very real and warm to me! Sunny here, but very chilly!