Tuesday, February 1, 2011

A Serving

IMG_2419

As I speak---er, type---we are receiving a serving of snow.  Yum.  Its not the snow you see in the photo for this blogger is cozy and complacent here in her warm house and decided to use an old picture for today.  Face it, snow looks the same from year to year, anyway. 

Another type of serving came my way recently, and not the kind that anyone ever wishes to see on their plate---a serving of court papers.  I am now a “defendant” and all because my name is listed as “owner” on a car title.  Said car, being driven by my daughter, was involved in a minor traffic accident way over a year ago.  Thankfully, my plate also contains a serving of auto liability coverage which will hopefully take care of the matter.  I’m more than willing to allow the insurance company’s attorneys to deal with the plaintiff who “repleads and realleges the allegations” described in the court papers and “prays for judgment” against me.  Yikes, such language lawyers use.

Happy first day of February, by the way.

4 comments:

Caution/Lisa said...

We've been there. Yuck. Praying for a quick resolution, friend.

Pat - Arkansas said...

I hope your serving of snow is just that, and that you don't get a 'heaping helping.'

Trisha said...

Enjoy the cozy house! Here is hoping that the insurance figures everything out without making things complicated!

DesertHen said...

Enjoy being tucked away, safe and warm in your home!

The gal I work with is going through the same thing (auto accident/defendant) with her daughter and it has been going on for 4 years now! They finally have a court date set for next week...if it doesn't get changed again!