Monday, January 31, 2011

Window Scene

Prague window I must confess to not being the person who took this nice picture though I have now in a sense taken it to use on my blog.  My daughter whisked this scene onto her camera’s memory card while touring Prague a couple of years ago.  I think its a pleasant, peaceful mix of scenery with the shadowed window framing a delicate curtain and Old World roof tiles.

I’ve never ventured to Europe but do very much enjoy plopping down in the recliner to watch travel shows on television.  Don’t tell anyone, but awhile back I splurged on a box set of European travel DVD’s, too.  Therefore, thankfully, I will never need to actually go there in order to see the fascinating sights---traveling looks like it takes a ton of planning and work (and money) and who needs that.  Admittedly, though, the gothic cathedrals of Europe and the soaring Alps do seem to especially beckon "come hither” at me from the glowing television screen so who knows, maybe someday I will eat my words.   

3 comments:

Gail said...

A delightful way to "feed the need". Here's hoping your dream comes true.

DesertHen said...

Lovely shot. It makes me want to lean out the window to see what is going on in the street below.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Your daughter took a lovely photo. Thanks for sharing it.