Saturday, August 20, 2011

Can’t think of a title….

This picture has nothing to do with moving a daughter back to college, but that’s what occupied me yesterday.  And, now I’m worn out, but happy to be relaxing in front of the computer, blogging.

Aug 10 (16) What a workout!  My daughter and I lugged a plethora of paraphernalia---clothing, books, shoes, bedding, kitchen utensils---into her new dorm digs.  As a senior, she is looking forward to living in a suite-style dorm where several students have their own rooms and share a common kitchen and living room area.

As for the picture…..the hay bales will provide winter nourishment for our cows.  They share a common living area called…..THE BARN!  (The cows do, that is….not the bales.)  

12 comments:

Country Girl said...

Oh, Jeannelle. It's been such a long time since I've been here and such a pleasure to be back once again.
This photo looks like a painting. Oh, how far we have come ~

k a t e

Gail said...

Beautiful picture.

Rest, enjoy the weekend.

Jeannelle said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jeannelle said...

Thanks for commenting, Country Girl! Your blog was one of the first I ever found back in early 2007 when I began to read blogs. I even recall which blog post it was because I thought your photo therein was absolutely stunning! You remain an inspiration to me.

DesertHen said...

Beautiful shot! The bales look like they are going to roll right off the horizon and into the blue of the sky!

I hope you get to enjoy a relaxing weekend after helping your daughter move back to college.

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for your comment, Deserthen. Yes, I've had a relaxing day today.

Nancy said...

Congrats on getting your daughter to where she needed to be.

And your photo of the hay bales -- love it. I always marvel at their perfect roundness in contrast with the flat land they sit on. Very cool. :)

Trish said...

Oh I am so almost there...the son having worked here with me this summer and now is counting the days (yes...he excitedly of course as he has so much to look forward to...and I not so much) counting those days til he leaves...less than a week.

I have not chatted with you for so long but have invited you to my private blog.....shall I invite you again? I miss you.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Trish...yes, send me an invite!

Gigi Ann said...

That is a beautiful picture of the sky, clouds and hay.

It seems like only yesterday that the daughter started collage and she is already a senior, where did the time go?

Bob Miller said...

A wonderful photo, Jeannelle. The "Rule of Thirds" would have required you to have less sky, more ground. You ignored the rule, and came up with a better picture. I've been looking at the picture for 5 minutes, and I'm still coming up with different moods and thoughts. I think that means you have a winner. Best wishes.

Judy said...

Love that photo...of the bales and the beautiful Iowa sky!