Thursday, September 22, 2011

Autumn Favorites

After typing the text of yesterday’s photo-free blogpost, I threw on a sweater and hustled outdoors to find what could be found. 
Sept 20 (3)
A strong wind was blowing, but I didn’t mind.  My favorite combo of autumn weather is sunshine accompanied by a stiff, hairblowing breeze!  I love the sound and feel of the wind blowing---it seems to transport me into another dimension.  Hard to explain, but I’ve always enjoyed it.  The photo above shows our soybean field in its currently multicolored garb, on its way to the solid gold of harvest time.
Below is the cornfield and I wish you could hear the rustling sound it makes as the wind passes by and through.  I love it!
Sept 20 (1) 
Later, back in the house, I decided to stir up some brownies.  As they were baking, I noticed the unwelcome aroma of burnt food.  Upon an investigation into the depths of the oven, I found the culprit to be a small pan of cinnamon rolls I had forgotten to remove from the oven the other day.  The poor brick-hard things were undergoing their third round of being baked (I had baked a casserole in between their initial baking and today’s.)   Have you ever done anything so stupid?!  Now you know why I put that drink coffee motto on my sidebar…..

4 comments:

trump said...

Pretty country around your way. Richard

Trisha said...

Okay - the image of those poor, rock hard cinnamon rolls has me chuckling. This has NEVER happened at my house because those rolls would have been demolished in seconds after their initial baking!

Gail said...

I work at trying to outdo myself on things like this. It is difficult to continually top my last action, but I manage to do so every day!

DesertHen said...

Yep, I have rebaked a couple of things here and there....=) Beautiful farm shots!