Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday’s Things in a Row

This post is part of the blog meme called Thursday’s Things in a Row, hosted by Pat at A View From the Edge.  This is the first time I’ve participated. 
It wasn’t difficult to find things in a row in Pella, Iowa, last weekend.  There were rows of Dutch tiles on display.
9.24.11 Pella (29)
And, a row of retired windows surrounded by rows of bricks.
9.24.11 Pella (104)
There were packages of coffee for sale lined up in rows at Smokey Row.  (I can attest to the excellent taste of this coffee---I’ve received some as gifts.)
9.24.11 Pella (30)
This row of church windows caught my eye at the Pella Historical Village.
9.24.11 Pella (40)
And, in the Pella Library, a multitude of things in a row could be found, of course!  We walked over there so my daughter could return some books.  The building is only a few years old and is lovely inside and out. 
9.24.11 Pella (82)Thank you for stopping by!

9 comments:

Nezzy (Cow Patty Surprise) said...

Oh sweetie, it may have been difficult but this Ozark Farm Chick thinks ya did a marvelous job. I just adore the church window shot!

From the happy hills and hollers of the Missouri Ponderosa, ya'll have a blessed and beautiful fall day!!! :o)

Pat said...

These are great things in a row! I, too, love the Church windows! The books, too! (I love libraries and reading!) You'll see, finding things in a row becomes an obsession. Welcome to the nut house!

labbie1 said...

Welcome to seeing things in a Row ALL the time! :) Pat is like a the Swammy of Rows. :)

I love the way you called the windows "Retired". I never thought of them that way, but you are right! :)

Do you get to go to Pella when they wash the cobblestones in preparation for the Tulip Festival? We used to live in Newton and always enjoyed going to Pella--I believe it is the only place that McDonald's looks like a Windmill from Holland! Thanks for brining the great times in Iowa back this morning!

Al said...

Nice shots here. That's a new meme to me, an interesting idea. I'll have to see what I can come up with.

Nancy said...

Really like the "retired" windows (I've never heard them called that before, but I like it.) You did a great job on all of the photos, really. :)

Lesley said...

Nice selection of things in a row.
And I may adopt your 'retired windows'!

DesertHen said...

I'm so happy you joined in the meme! You will now see "rows" wherever you go! Love your shots! I think my favorite is the church windows shot. =)

Anonymous said...

Those are so cool! I love the diversity of the pictures!

-driz
refreshsomething.blogspot.com

Gail said...

Let me pick a favorite...No! I can't...I like them all.

Fantastic rows.