Thursday, January 5, 2012

Another New Lens

The previous post was about the wide-angle lens I bought recently.  It cost around $15.  I also purchased an Opteka 10X Macro lens for about the same price.  Nancy at A Rural Journal had mentioned using that lens so I decided to consult Google to get more info, expecting it to be expensive.  What a pleasant surprise to find that this macro lens was very affordable!  I immediately ordered it (from Amazon.com), along with the wide-angle one.

Here’s my first attempt at using the macro lens which screws right onto my Nikon D40’s Nikkor 18-55mm lens.  This little building sits inside a snowglobe and is less than one inch wide:

Jan 4th 

I also discovered that the wide-angle lens will screw onto the macro lens and had to find out what results could be achieved with that combination.  You have to get really close to your photo subject.  The windmill on this little Dutch ornament is about one inch tall in real life:

Jan 4th (1)

I’m looking forward to using these lenses next spring and summer when the wildflowers are in bloom! 

3 comments:

Nancy said...

Congratulations, Jeannelle! I hope you enjoy the Opteka set. I've been using it for a year now and love it. I'm looking to pick up a cheap fish-eye lens this year. :)

Laura~peach~ said...

i am looking forward to seeing what you see Love to see through others eyes :)

DesertHen said...

So nice to know there are affordable lens options out there! Everytime I start look at new cameras I look at the price of lenses and get cold feet!

I really like that first shot! It makes me want to peek in the windows!