Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Bird Shots

Here’s some birds I found on my photo hunts over the weekend.  (Sorry they’re blurry---I don’t have the right lens for good bird photos.)  I searched the bird book for this first one and concluded that it might be a 1st-year female American Redstart:       

Aug 25 (42)

I can’t figure out this next one.  It might be some kind of Warbler.  If you recognize it, let me know.

 Aug 25 (44) cropped Aug 25 (46) cropped

Near a creek, this Great Blue Heron flew up:

Aug 25 (80)

And, finally, my walking companion, Buster---who is hardly a bird dog---wandered into a cornfield and managed to flush out several Pheasants!  This one is a rooster:

Aug 26 (9)

There’s been very few Pheasants around the past few years.  I hope he finds a place to hide this fall during hunting season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely birds. I used to see all kinds of pheasants around here, but in the last three years, there haven't been hardly any.

DesertHen said...

We had a pheasant rooster show up on our farm. He's been hanging out in the hay fields around our house.