Thursday, December 20, 2012

Blizzard


We have a blizzard going on today!  Unless this snowstorm is followed by a heat wave, we'll have a white Christmas---hooray!  Here's how the milkhouse windows looked this morning...


 And, next is a really boring photo, but that's what a blizzard looks like out in the open fields.  I was hoping to walk a sympathy card over to the neighbors (see yesterday's post), but probably won't do that today.


While feeding calves this morning I spied a cat hunkered down for refuge in a calf hut.  That doesn't happen too often.


As I type this, a strong wind continues to blow.  I don't think its actually snowing anymore, but visibilities are low due to lots of snow blowing around.  Thankfully, our college son is now home for Christmas break, so I don't have to worry about where he is in the dangerous weather.  The outdoor chores are done until late afternoon when its time to milk the cows and feed the calves again.  A good day to stay warm and safe in the house! 

5 comments:

Ruth Hiebert said...

Strange as it may seem,I love a good blizzard.Great images to portray this weather.

Anonymous said...

It is not a fun day to do chores, but I think I'm mostly done now too. Stay safe!

Gail said...

Much more like that and you will have to tie a rope between the barn and the house to guide your way.

Merry Christmas.

Leave It To Davis said...

Oh, yes, stay inside except for the cows....don't take that note over to the neighbors. You could get lost in all that white, couldn't you? I would go crazy in that. Stay warm.

DesertHen said...

Beautiful shot of the glass windows!