Sunday, December 2, 2012

Dried Asters


Here's a couple more photos taken during my walk on Friday.  I thought these asters looked photo-worthy in their dried-up condition.  This shot is my computer screen background right now...

I almost hope some snow arrives soon so I can get some wintery holiday season type photos.  Almost.  As you can see, I changed my blog background and border to Christmas colors.  I wish the changeover didn't get applied to all of the previous blogposts, too, but it does.

I'm watching a PBS special about Peter, Paul & Mary at the moment.  Their harmonies make me want to sing along.  I like the challenge of finding the harmony parts.  That's why I sing alto at church, though I can reach soprano, too.  Right now, Noel Paul Stookey is singing The Wedding Song  on TV.  I sang that at a couple weddings many years ago.  Our music teacher in grade school sometimes played a Peter, Paul & Mary record album for us.  We'd sing along to If I Had a Hammer  and Puff the Magic Dragon  and This Land is Your Land.      

3 comments:

Linda at To Behold The Beauty said...

Hi, Jeannelle. These images are beautiful. I can see why you chose the first one for your current desktop background. I was a big fan of Peter, Paul, and Mary, too. Their music doesn't speak to me like it did back then, but I still appreciate their harmony.

Anonymous said...

I grew up with Peter, Paul and Mary. I even had triplets by those names this year, and nobody my age or younger understands. So sad. The asters are beautiful, even if they are dead.

Leave It To Davis said...

I loved those Peter Paul and Mary songs! Also loved Leaving On A Jet Plane...brings back so many memories!