Monday, December 3, 2012

Trail Visit


After church yesterday my husband suggested that we go for a walk on the Cedar Valley Nature Trail to take advantage of the mild, sunny weather.  (The excursion also included eating out for lunch.  Hooray!)  

This is the trail's new bridge over the Cedar River at Evansdale which replaces the old one wrecked in the big flood several years ago...

It would take an alot of hikers and bikers to add up to 10 tons, I would think...

The only traffic on the bridge was us...

An eagle was on lookout from high above the river which is quite low right now...

Lastly, I like this shot though it has some pinkish windshield glare going on here and there...

2 comments:

42N said...

I've been on the Cedar Rapids to Center Point portion of the trail. Its paved in places and fine gravel out in the country. Maybe it will be all paved one day.

Leave It To Davis said...

My favorite is the first picture...beautiful!