Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cement Truck Accident

Shall we allow our thoughts meander to a season other than winter.......how about autumn? The photo below was taken on the day of this post. Back then, I couldn't upload photos due to a super slow dial-up connection.

The vantage point of this scene is a little roadside park high on a hill overlooking the tiny town of Eldorado, Iowa. "Eldorado" means a gilded place of great wealth. I doubt this village in Iowa contains a stash of gold, but on the day of this photo, this Eldorado was surrounded by GOLDEN corn fields! The sumac patch across the road provided a wealth of lovely deep red color, also.

****************************


Yesterday morning brought an odd dream as I was waking up. In it, a family gathering was going on. One of my sister-in-laws was stirring a roaster full of multi-colored beans. Her back was covered with what appeared to be shredded mozzarella cheese. I was grabbing handfuls of the cheese and tossing it into the roaster of beans. (?????)


I told Husband about the dream when I got to the barn. (He just LOVES hearing about my weird dreams. He's long-suffering and tolerant, poor guy.) Anyway, last evening we received an email saying that another one of our sister-in-laws has a medical problem and will be flying to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota, on Monday. Its the first we've heard of this, so we have no idea what her medical problem is.


Sometimes, I think the purpose of dreams such as the one above is to sound an alert that someone needs prayer. The dream directed my attention to a sister-in-law......otherwise, they had not been on my mind lately.

**********************


The following dream story happened in late summer of 2005: One morning, as I was waking up, a strange dream scene came and went. In it, a thing which looked like a watertower tank was flying low over our field by the road. The tank then landed across the road, in our neighbor's cornfield.


Again, on this morning, I happened to tell Husband about the dream, once I got to the barn. The following day, Husband, one of our sons, and my stepdad were up on the roof of our house, putting new shingles on. Suddenly, Husband hollered for me to bring the binoculars to him.......he said two police cars had just speeded by on our gravel road. (We live 1/4 mile off of it.) From up there on the roof Husband could see commotion on the road over by our neighbor's place. Pretty soon we heard and saw an ambulance go wailing by. Husband kept watching, and eventually said that it appeared a cement truck had gone into the ditch and overturned. Husband could see that the cement mixer's tank had rolled into our neighbor's cornfield! He looked down at me from the roof and said quietly, "Your dream." I hadn't even thought of that yet.


It turned out that the cement truck driver had lost control on loose gravel; he probably had been driving a bit too fast. Our neighbors rushed to the overturned truck's cab and found the driver conscious, but with his arm was pinned. It took the emergency workers 1-1/2 hours to extricate him from the cab! He had a badly broken arm and broken ribs, but no injuries that were life-threatening.


The only reason I'm telling this story is because it all happened. I have no idea how a precognitive dream can take place; I only know that it does happen occasionally. I've had to learn to put aside the idea that these types of dreams are odd or something to be feared. They are simply a normal life experience, albeit an intriguing, interesting one! As I said earlier, perhaps dreams like this are a heads-up alert for us to get busy and pray, even if the info is vague on who to pray for.


*****************


If someone shows up in your dream tonight.......say a prayer for them when you wake up!!!

6 comments:

nannykim said...

Good point--I do think God has his ways of bringing people to our minds to pray for them...I have seen this in my own life.

Sherry said...

Jeannelle, these dreams of yours are creeping me out! haha..don't tell any more! Thankfully, I don't have them. I don't think I would like having them very much.

Jeannelle said...

Sherry,

No, no, please don't be creeped out. I won't allow it! From what I've read about dreams.....they are meant to be helpful to us.....not creepy.

Are you getting more snow this afternoon?

Country Girl said...

I love your dream posts. It's such a nice idea to say a prayer for whomever 'shows up' in a dream you had the night before. I like that.

Here's hoping that you dream of a camera and photoshop. That's my wish for you.

Jeannelle said...

Why, thank you, CountryGirl.....what a nice thought!

I'm glad you're feeling better and are circulating in blogworld again!

Anonymous said...

Did these guys end up hiring a Los Angeles truck accident attorney? I sure hope so, because it looks like the truck really tore everything apart.