Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Pioneer Woman Blog

Well......harumph!.....this Holstein in yonder photo below heard about
Henrietta the Cow's post on Pioneer Woman's blog yesterday. Henrietta seemed to sort of infer that "farmers" raise grain and "ranchers" chase cows. Harumph! This Holstein gets chased by a dairy "farmer" on a regular basis. And you might be shocked to know what else he does......its so embarrassing and upsetting, she can't even moo.....er.....speak of it! What she dreams of doing is escaping to India to join the sacred cows!



Seriously.....wow!.....what an amazing blog site Pioneer Woman has! (I don't believe for a minute that she's a desperate housewife, though.) CountryGirl mentions her site quite often, so I finally surfed over to the famous ranch to take a gander. Ree (Pioneer Woman) wrote her post yesterday from the viewpoint of one of the cattle, Miss Henrietta. Maybe she writes that way often, I don't know. Its a cute idea! Amazing what can be developed around seemingly mundane livestock photos! And Pioneer Woman blogs often about photography, which she is obviously very knowledgeable of, and is going to start a PhotoShop tutorial on her blog soon. If only I had PhotoShop!!......and a working camera!!!



************************


Sherry (a fellow Iowan) over at LivingBeyondtheRoads has been trying valiantly to frighten winter away by using descriptive adjectives in her blog writing. Her posts have been very entertaining lately, and she sounds confident that March 1 will bring a turn-around in the weather. I hope she's not just whistling Dixie! I'm wondering if packing up my collection of snowglobes and hiding them in the closet would help convince the snowy weather to go away. We're getting desperate here in Iowa........this cold, snowy, wintery business has been going on long enough.....and there's no room left for anymore of the white stuff!!! (Well, there is still lots of empty space in Iowa.....but, who wants snow there.) So.....winter, winter, GO AWAY!!......come again another day.....far, far away in the future!!!





***********************


Hmm.....let's see......I need to use a different blogging nickname for my husband, other than what I've been using, which is simply "Husband", because its completely unoriginal. I've been pondering over "CowGuy" or "MooGuy" or "MilkerGuy" or "DairyGuy". Anybody have an opinion?



***********************



I've also been mulling over all the stupid things I've done in my life. There is a reason why I have that "Drink Coffee: Do stupid things faster, with more energy!" quote in my sidebar. Its because I actually do alot of stupid things. I'm clumsy, physically and otherwise, and sometimes barge *temerariously* into delicate places, flail around and do damage. I fail to keep my opinions under my hat. Maybe I'll attempt to make the effort to do better, and keep my mouth and keyboard quiet more often. Not on my blog, though......that is my vent......the place where I keep my head above water. (*That word "temerarious" was the Dr. Dictionary Word of the Day for today, and seemed to be appropriate.*)

*********************

"Let us dare to read, think, speak, and write." ------ John Adams, 1765

(......saw that quote on a postmark yesterday)







Have a Wonderful Wednesday!!!



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

Milk Man, Cow Wrangler, Beef Boy, LOL. I don't know.

Anonymous said...

I'm sure there are a lot of farmers who'd be surprised to hear they don't chase cows. Of course, not having to chase cows would be kind of nice...

I think Husband is just fine.

NonnieM

PS I initially found you via Pioneer Woman. I clicked on somebody's link who had a link who had a link...I don't remember the exact trail.

Rachel said...

cowboy...farmerGuy barnlurker mr. suspenders...hehe

Sherry said...

Mr greenjeans?
Winter has got to end, or i shall simply go mad. One cannot continue to live on dreams alone! Humans unite against the dreaded snow!

Great blog jeannelle, as always.

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for all the name ideas!

Rachel....."Barnlurker"....that's a good one!

Nonnie.....Thanks for dropping by again and mentioning how you initially got here.

Kacey......Are you still in California? Have fun!

Sherry.....Doesn't California sound like a great idea!

I had to venture away from the farm today. Goodness, the streets and parking lots in town are terrible to drive in.....deep, icy ruts everywhere.

nannykim said...

I am on muscle relaxers and am not accountable for anything I write. There. Now I can ramble on ramble on...Hey, I agree with you--your blog is a place to vent...guess I would put it a different way--it is a place to think outloud, to reflect in a more physical sense---all of this helps me as a woman with a woman's brain! Men don't understand why women talk so much--it is my way of thinking, reflecting and learning!

Jeannelle said...

nannykim,

Your muscle-relaxed comments are very good! Yes, I'd agree a blog is GREAT way to reflect, in many ways, and a place to bring our thoughts into visible reality!!

Take care!

Country Girl said...

Well, someone already suggested my name for your husband, which was Mr. Green Jeans, from Captain Kangaroo. I'm also partial to Milkman and Cow Wrangler.

And I was thinking, "why does she think she's stupid and clumsy when she's got a vocabulary that includes temerariously?" And then I saw that it was a word of the day. I like that!

And I'm so glad you finally went and visited PW's site.

Hey, good pic. Did you take this one?

Jeannelle said...

For the time being I'll stick with "Husband".....I wouldn't want anyone to think I'd taken up with someone else!

Yes, the cow in the photo agreed to pose for me last fall....(on the condition that I slip her some extra silage).

Bobby Tall Horse said...

Just wanted to drop by an "chat" for a moment. I am enjoying your site and find it both entertaining and relaxing to sit back and have a cup of coffee while reading. Thanks for a quiet place to land!

Bobby Tall Horse

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Bobby Tall Horse,

Welcome! Thank you for stopping by and for your kind comment. And, it gave me a chance to reread this post from a year ago. Often, I forget what I have written. Have a wonderful day!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Miriam,

Thank you for stopping by and commenting.