Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Apple Peace Offering

Here's my peace offering to those offended by my previous post.......and to anyone not offended.
*
Caramel Apples........from scratch!! Deserthen posted this easy and delicious recipe the other day on her blog,
*
I made these this afternoon and must confess that this is the first time I've ever made caramel apples from scratch! They weren't difficult at all, although I didn't have enough sticks and had to use nut picks for holders on the last few.

*
I used small Red Delicious apples given to us by a friend and Golden Delicious from an orchard near Dubuque. We had a nice crop of what I think are Harrelson apples here at our farm, but they are a very big fruit, too large for caramel apples, in my opinion. I wish I could find a picture of a Harrelson apple so I'd know for sure if that's what ours are.


Anyhow.......jump on over to Deserthen's blog and try the wonderful caramel apple recipe!!

*


8 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

drool!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Deb said...

oh my stars....they look yummy...may I have one, please?

Judy said...

Good timing...I was just looking for a caramel apple recipe. They look great...I took notes!

Egghead said...

I saw these at Desert Hens blog and I am so looking forward to making these this weekend. Yum!

rhymeswithplague said...

Thanks! They look scrumptious!

Jeannelle said...

laura, deb, judy, egghead, rhymsie,

Yes, this is the perfect autumn treat! I can't believe I went 50 years without ever making caramel dip from scratch. I would melt caramel candies, but this homemade caramel dip is better because it stays softer and is easier to eat. It would be good to have on hand for microwaving and dipping apple slices, too.

DesertHen said...

Hi Jeannelle, Thank you for linking to my blog and posting about my recipe. I'm so glad you gave the recipe a try and that you loved them. They really are an awesome fall treat.......=)

Just don't eat yourself into a caramel apple coma.....he, he

Jeannelle said...

deserthen,

Your comment got me thinking....actually, a caramel apple coma sounds much better than an End Times nervous breakdown. Bring on the caramel!