Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Hay There Area Code

*
Hay there, blog readers! Here's one of my favorite autumn decorations:
*
*
But, hey.......do you ever get hang-up calls from unfamiliar numbers? We just received one this morning, from this number: 853-958-9558. So, I decided to try and look it up online. Here's an interesting and helpful website: 800Notes: Directory of Unknown Callers. You type in the caller's number and it links to pages of comments from other people who have received calls from the same number. Interesting. As far as I can tell, 853 is not an area code, so how can a call come from an area code that doesn't exist?
*
Oh, and a Jehovah's Witness guy stopped in this morning, too.......very pleasant and well-dressed, as they always are. He kindly gave me a brochure.
*
At the time this post publishes, I will hopefully be at a play-off football game, 1-1/2 hours away. My daughter and her husband are driving there from Ankeny; it will be fun to spend time with them. I'm taking some caramel apples along for them, too, and apples from our tree. Today has been sunny, quiet, warmish.......just a perfect autumn day, giving hopes that tonight's game will take place in cool, but pleasant weather conditions. No blustery winds to contend with, thankfully.
*

7 comments:

Laura ~Peach~ said...

go team win! hope you have asafe trip and fuun time and Enjoy those delish looking caramel apples!

Lew said...

Here's another site to check area codes http://www.nanpa.com/area_codes/.
853 is unassigned, so the caller is spoofing the number. Probably not someone you really want to talk to. That was a nice drive you took through the Iowa country side. I enjoyed seeing the bits of the towns as you whizzed by.

Russell said...

I hope your team won! I think I heard 132 teams were playing last night - could that be right? I know there was quite a bit of talk about teams with 3-6 records getting in - but I think that was only 4 or so teams... but perhaps one of those underdog teams will win the whole thing! Heh!! You never know...!

You have a daughter in Ankeny and one on the eastern edge of the state sounds like... I work in Ankeny so that road between Ames and Ankeny I have memorized! Can you say road construction?! It is not too bad, though.

I agree with the gentleman above me - I, too, really enjoyed the drive over towards Dubuque the other day. Today it is supposed to be about 70 and sunny - okay!

Take care and if you family is combining corn today, tell everyone to be careful!!

rhymeswithplague said...

Didn't there used to be a song about this post?

Oh, yes -- Rosemary Clooney sang it: "Hay there, you with the straws in your eyes...." :)

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Laura,

Thanks for the good wishes! We did win!

********

Hi, Lew,

Thank you for the link and your kind words. Later in the day our cell phone rang and it was a voice saying our loan would be approved as soon as we gave them some info. Like WHO is going to fall for that!

*********

Hi, Russell,

Yes.....lots of people traveling to and fro to high school football games in Iowa last night. My trip was to Mason City, and mostly on four-lanes, thankfully.

We now have a child living 2-1/2 hours east of us and another the same distance to the west. Can't visit them in the same trip!

Road construction....frustrating! The road to our high school is closed now for months, meaning the kids and buses must drive many extra miles everyday. Good thing the fuel prices have come down.

You must be psychic! The guy who combines our corn IS coming today!

**********

Hi, rhymsie,

You must be psychic, too.....that guy on the tree croons that song to me every morning when I walk by him on my way to the barn! Have a good day!

DesertHen said...

I love that cute little fall decoration....How fitting!

All of our haying equipment is cleaned and parked in the yard....Hayman will make needed repairs over the winter and then await the start of another hay season......

Jeannelle said...

deserthen,

Oh, that's great, you guys must do good maintenance on your equipment, with cleaning it and all. We just park ours in the shed until next year!