Wednesday, January 28, 2009

An Award & New Blogs

A good day to everyone who happens by here!
*
Recently, Deserthen of
Gravel Roads and Daiquiris in the Dirt blog honored my blog with this award. Thank you, Deserthen! It will reside in my award post which is linked to in the sidebar.
This is a cop-out, but if your blog is listed in my sidebar, then consider yourself a recipient of this award. I truly can't choose, because everyone's blog is SPECIAL!
*
It was thoughtful of Buster to take over the blogging responsibilities yesterday, though now there's dog hair all over the computer chair.
*
Preparing tax paperwork for the accountant will take up my time again today. Every January, its the same old, boring ritual......sort the bills into piles and add up each category. No, I've never gotten into the groove of keeping the books on the computer; that surely sounds backwards and stupid in this day and age. I should take a class to learn Excel, probably.
*
In between spurts of doing paperwork yesterday, I established a new little family of blogs. They will be a place to post the stacks of old family photos that ended up here after my father-in-law passed away last year. It does no good for the pictures to be kept hidden away in boxes; they need to be shared.
*
I certainly don't expect any of you to absorb reading three more blogs---though these will have minimal text---but here is a link to one of the blogs:
Memories of Artesian. If you follow the link you will see a photo of my husband's great-grandfather at work in the Artesian Creamery long ago. The buildings which made up the tiny town of Artesian, Iowa, are mostly gone now, torn down in recent years to make way for the widening of Highway 63.
*
As I set up the blogs yesterday, I even "exported" a blog and then "imported" it back into a new blog. Did you know you can do that.......save your blog as a file in your own computer? Then you can upload it again whenever or wherever you want. Actually, it might be a good idea to save your blog to your computer, just in case something happened at Blogger.com and your blog became lost or deleted. That could be very traumatic.
*
My daughter's new computer is in shipment as I type this. Hooray.....it may arrive today. Her current laptop will become mine, once she gets everything transferred over to the new one. I'm so excited. Yippy-skippy!
*

9 comments:

Kat Mortensen said...

Congratulations and thanks! I'm still smiling over Buster's comments back to me.
What's your new laptop? I have a Toshiba with Windows Vista (I detest Vista)and I'm continuously reconnecting through the day, but I do love the laptop itself. I hope yours arrives today.

I'm in your sidebar for BFtP so I'll put the award on there, but it's the poetry blog I feel compelled to write more than anything. It's my creative heartland.

Kat

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Poetikat,

Thanks.....I will switch the link to your poetry blog. That's a wonderful creative outlet to have.

The laptop that will be mine is a Dell and has Windows XP, which I'm happy about. I've heard other complaints about Vista, too.

Have a great day!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jeanelle, I, too, am sorting invoices for our year end. It's a job to match up the invoices the guys bring home, to the statements that come in the mail, esp. when you leave it too long! Good luck. Dairymary

DesertHen said...

Taxes! YUCK!! I don't want to think about them yet!! Don't let all of the papers swallow you up....take some advice from Buster and go outside for a break now and then....=)

Happy Day to you....=)

sjm said...

Quicken is the way to go for financial record keeping!

Caution/Lisa said...

I am glad Buster got you out for a walk. Pepper took me for a walk last week and we were both the better for it. Her runaway walk on Monday did not leave me better off. Your tax job sounds dreadful! It's a good thing that you're good at math :)
Congrats on the new computer. I love buying someone else's computer. It's already set up and your daughter can help you with any problems. And lastly, I did not know I could save my blog to my computer. Do you feel like teaching me how to do it?

Ruth Hull Chatlien said...

I'm glad it's working out for you to get your daughter's laptop.

I haven't even started working on taxes yet.

Jeannelle said...

Hi, dairymary,

I hope you had a pleasant day of doing farm bookwork. Its a good job for wintertime.

*******

Hi, Deserthen,

Oh, I would go outside for a break, but its just too darn COLD.

********

Hi, sjm,

Well...you can tell what an ignoramus I am about doing books on the computer. I have heard of Quicken. I forgot....Excel is for spreadsheets, right?

********

Hi, caution,

Who says I'm good at math?? About all I need to know is how to punch the calculator buttons correctly. Sometimes, that can really be a challenge.

I'll email you about saving your blog. It is ridiculously easy, believe me.

Yes, I'm relieved to be getting a laptop that's already broken in.

*********

Hi, Ruth,

Yes, I'm very happy about it. The new one didn't arrive today.....maybe tomorrow.





********

Egghead said...

You are going to so love having that laptop. I now hate sitting in front of our desk top. It is so much more comfortable to sit on the couch or chair. Oh how spoiled we are!