Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Waterloo Beer from Belgium

Its exciting to have blog readers, and very special, too, to have regular readers. One of my regular readers lives in Waterloo, Belgium. I, of course, live not far from Waterloo, Iowa, U.S.A. Recently, my Belgian friend sent me an email with a link to the
Belgian Beer Tradition Brewery website.......because one of the beers they brew is called "Waterloo Beer"!
Napoleon met his "Waterloo" there in Belgium, of course.
*
Here's part of the email from my friend in Belgium: "Hi, Jeannelle......Good idea if somebody in Iowa would import our Waterloo beer. I can tell you this beer is tasty, not light and good to sip in front of a wood fire with good friends." And, here's a bit of weather info: "Well, two weeks ago it was snowing here in Belgium and we had 14°F to 0°F. It was foggy during the night too and in the morning the trees were covered with frost."
*
The Waterloo Beer website also features this unique pottery beer goblet. I wouldn't mind ordering one, actually, and may look into seeing if that is possible. It would make a great conversation piece here in the vicinity of Waterloo, Iowa!


Kindest regards to you, too, my Belgian friend.
*

10 comments:

Gail said...

The web site is interesting! I have mailed a question about single purchase packages. I love that goblet and there is a cup with the Blanche beer.

Gigi Ann said...

Hello, to your Waterloo, Belgian friend.

The only beer I drink is the favored dark cherry beer. It more or less tastes like soda pop...

Anonymous said...

Speaking of Belgium Beer... My new favorite beer is Blue Moon. Which is "Belgium-style white wheat beer." Which is to say...it has nothing to do with Belgium and is brewed by Coors...

Whatever ;)

Kat Mortensen said...

Coincidentally, I next door to a city of Waterloo in Canada!

My husband would like this post. Have you ever tried Hoeggarden? That's a really nice Belgian beer.

Kat

Amy Plumb said...

Very interesting, never heard of light beer cold blond before.
Learn some thing new everyday.

rhymeswithplague said...

As Abbott said to Costello, "Bring me some water, Lou!" (I made that up....)

Jeannelle said...

Hi, Gail,

Yes, there are several other types of beers brewed by this company. The website is fun to look at.

*********

Hi, Gramma Ann,

Goodness, I've never heard of a fruit-flavored beer.....shows you how much knowledge I have on the subject.

*********

Hi, Kacey,

I needed a laugh today....thank you. There's a new brewery in our area, "Hub City Brewery", which makes an oat beer. I, being very stupid about beer, bought the "Oatmeal Stout" to have on hand over the holidays. No one liked it. It must have fans sometwhere, but not in this house.

*********

Hi, Poetikat,

Oh, cool....a Waterloo in Canada, too. I didn't know that. And, I've hoed in the garden, but have never heard of Hoeggarden beer. You're the second one to mention Belgian or Belgium-style beer. I did not know such a thing existed until reading about this Waterloo beer. Yes, there's so much to learn in the world, even about beer.

*********

Hi, My Wonderful Men,

You're so very kind to call yourself that.....your wonderful men must love you for it!

And, yes, I agree there's always something new to learn.

********

Hi, rhymsie,

You don't even know how close you came to using my real name there in your comment. Cool. I drink very little beer.....maybe two sips a year. I was named after my aunt, and her nickname was "Lou".

Gigi Ann said...

Hi Jeannelle,

I tagged you for a game at my place. Play it if you'd like.

Have a great day!

Ann

Deb said...

Belguim beer is so potent! Let me tell you...it will knock you on your butt! We sipped some local beer in Antwerp years back and my 16 year old son had to finish my beer. Waterloo? Gotta look into this.

Amber from Texas said...

I enjoyed a Waterlook beer in Belgium last year. Divine!