Friday, July 31, 2009

Kittens Discover World

July 30th 008


Yesterday afternoon I turned four kittens out of the basement for the first time. As always, it was entertaining to watch them get acquainted with leaves, blades of grass, ash seedpods, pine needles, etc.

July 30th 012 (2) Not sure I've ever seen such a pudgy fluff-ball of a kitten as this gray one is!

July 30th 010

This tiger kitty kept trying to hide in whatever little corner (or rooftop) she could find.....

July 30th 060 (2)

Young kittens' blue eyes are the sweetest! Too bad the color doesn't stay.

July 30th 042 (2)

Uh-oh......Betsy decided to plop down and put on authoritative airs, making sure the kittens know who's boss!

July 30th 052

But, not to worry......before long the mama cat, Dinky, showed up to provide security and a comforting snack!

July 30th 057

By evening chore time, Dinky and her family had taken up residence in an empty calf hut. I'm going to head outdoors and check on them, though, as soon as this blogpost is finished.....which is right now.

*

Have a great day!

*

16 comments:

threecollie said...

Awwww, just awww....I love the fluffy one!

Country Girl said...

Adorable! As ever, Jeannelle.
I can't begin to tell you how many litters of kittens we've had over the years. Some were our own, some were people dropping off their cats on the various horse farms where we've lived . . . these are beautiful shots. I especially liked the one of Betsy in the distance with the little peach kitten on the steps. Quite nice!

Evansmom said...

So sweet!

Gail said...

wonderful kittens!

Kat Mortensen said...

I want one! (just don't tell my husband).
I love 'em all, but I'd probably take that little timid one.

Kat

Anonymous said...

I love them! The gray pudgy one is adorable.

I keep telling momma (barn) cat no more, but she occasionally brings in a nice little litter. Goat's milk tends to spoil them all.

Beautiful photos..and you have a great day too!

Anonymous said...

Love the gray one...looks like my granddaughter's cat that she names Sunshine.

Those kittens are so big.. surprised mama is still feeding them, she'll get tired of that soon I'm sure.

Di
The Blue Ridge Gal

Gigi Ann said...

Little kittens are my favorite. They smell so good.

MAYBELLINE said...

Darling.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Sweeties!! I do love kittens!... and grown cats, for that matter. :) The fluffy gray one with the white paws is just adorable!

Glad mama has found them a place in a calf hut. They will be out exploring everything before too long.

Caution/Lisa said...

I believe that a kitten is about the cutest of God's creations!

Anonymous said...

I love the orange ones coloring! Very much different that Sunkissed! You take such great pictures :)

-Becky

alphabet soup said...

That little sandy coloured kitten is just lovely. It's a good thing they live a long, long way from my place!!
Ms Soup.

PS Groan... about the huge dairy farms - reminds me somehow of Soviet cooperative farms!!??
ms

Midlife Roadtripper said...

You make this life that I know is so filled with difficult and hard, hardm work, and frankly, make it look lovely. Such a tribute to you to pick out the beauty and make the rest appear calm.

sjm said...

Sempringham says I absolutely cannot drive out and get one!

Thanks for sharing these pictures!!!

Jeannelle said...

Hi, threecollie, Country Girl,
Evansmom, Gail, Poetikat, anniesgoathill, Blue Ridge Gal, Gramma Ann, Maybelline, Pat, Caution Flag, Becky, alphabet soup, Midlife Jobhunter, sjm,

Thank you all for stopping by to meet the kitties! If you showed up here at the farm, I'd give you any of these kittens in a heartbeat. They are doing fine living outdoors in the calf hut, getting used to the big, bad world.