Wednesday, February 13, 2008

This Blog's First Birthday!

Oh, I know this will be exciting news.......actually, it just dawned on me, so I went back and checked.....

Yesterday, February 12, was my blog's FIRST birthday!! Here is the first post . The explanation is there as to where the name "Midlife By Farmlight" originated......out in the cowyard, appropriately!

This blog shares its birthday with Abraham Lincoln and Charles Darwin (do you know they were born on the exact same day).

Blogger "Rhymeswithplague" had a nice post yesterday, as a reminder to not forget Lincoln's Birthday. Yes, back when I was kid, Abraham Lincoln's birthday and George Washington's (Feb.22) were noted by special activities in school. One year we cut out silouettes of their profiled faces, and glued them to paper. Those hung in my room for quite awhile......I thought they were really cool.

Anyway, don't forget these important persons from our country's past.

4 comments:

Country Girl said...

Hi, Jeannelle. I couldn't get into the link for your first post. I even tried fixing the 'k' to a 'd' in midlife but still no go.

Anyway, happy blogging birthday! For me, it'll be December 26.

Take care.

nannykim said...

Hi--I couldn't get the link for the first post either. We did those silouette (sp??) things of the presidents too!

nannykim said...

oh I found your first post by going to Feb 07--so ya had no electric except back up generator ;-)

Anonymous said...

Oh, it was fun reading your first post! I love to read how/why people named their blogs.