Thursday, September 4, 2008

Old Main Street

Thanks for the kind comments on the previous post. Its been many years since I perused those old Homecoming photos! What's so neat about scanning the old photos onto the blog is then being able to click and enlarge them, and seeing all the faces and details in the background!! (I love the group of faces in the background of the third photo in the previous post!) I had great fun recollecting the Homecoming memories and writing them into a blogpost! Believe it or not, I've never been one to talk much about my past with anyone, not even my own kids. Oh, I told them about being Homecoming Queen, and, of course, they played with the crown, but I've never related many details to them.
***
***
***
This photo looks west down Main Street in Dunkerton, Iowa, in the early 1900's. The tallest building on the right side is the bank.

Even in 1975, Dunkerton's Main Street still looked almost like a Wild West town, with square wood facades remaining on the storefronts and the raised walkway in front of the stores.
***
We included a Dunkerton history page in the back of our 1976 yearbook, The Raider. This photo is from that page.
***
***

No comments: