Saturday, January 17, 2009

Snowblowing by Farmlight


Hmm......was that me who said the weather was improving in the previous post?? The temperatures are much more tolerable, thankfully, but the wind has been blowing like crazy since mid-afternoon. Since about the time I put that previous post on the blog. Go figure. Or just go blow snow. Husband is doing that in the photo.......clearing a path through the snowdrifts so our son's girlfriend can leave to go home following an afternoon of watching movies here.
*
The wind is barreling in from the northwest, and notice that the snow blown out of the snowblower is blowing right back towards the tractor and the yard light. SNOWBLOWING BY FARMLIGHT is what we have going on here!
*

7 comments:

Deb said...

I don't know how I would handle such weather. Here I am complaining about a little cold and some snow flurries. I like to think I have put my winter time in with the 28 years I spent in Chicago.
Stay warm. Make chili. Drink hot cholocoate!

Egghead said...

Brrr! Mother Nature seems to have a mind of her own. Jeannelle that photo is very cool looking.

Gail said...

I could not enjoy the temps but I surely have enjoyed the pictures.

Karen said...

What a great picture! I live in Iowa too and can relate to the wind today! I love reading your blog, being a country girl at heart. You are really an amazing photographer at capturing what farm life is all about.

Country Girl said...

He even works at night.

* sigh *

I've been sighing a lot.

Caution/Lisa said...

I really love that picture. Now if I could only figure out why :) I suppose we got the same storm. It was a windy one with about 8 inches of snow for us. I was surprised when the paper called it a blizzard.

Jeannelle said...

Deb, egghead, Gail, Karen, Country Girl, Caution,

Its fun to watch the snowblower....kind of like watching the zamboni clean the ice.

Caution....why? Did you not think it qualified as a blizzard, or does the paper just not usually use that extreme weather word?