Thursday, February 14, 2008

Valentine Couple

I found this happy couple while de-cluttering today (we inherited lots of old photos from Father-in-Law's closets). Just couldn't resist including them on the blog here on Valentine's Day.
Their names are William and Dora, and in case they're watching from somewhere, I want them to know that I feel their pain........I'm not at all photogenic either!

Most likely, they were very kind, hardworking folks......probably loved to laugh, too, but were just very solemn when it came to being photographed. Back then, didn't people have to sit still for quite awhile while having their pictures taken?

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOL, I have a whole box full of somber looking people in old photos from my ancestors! I think they though you were supposed to look that way! Wonder when the whole "say cheese" thing started???

nannykim said...

My family has old pics like that too---and they were very serious in the pictures too---never smiling! Must have to do with the culture.

Dad Stuff said...

They look very romantic.
I also love your Far Side comics.

Jeannelle said...

Thanks for stopping by, dad stuff! A young dad who blogs.....that's great!